Despite the rainy night, a small group of protesters gathered at Elizabeth Caruthers Park in South Portland before making their way to the ICE facility nearby. There, Homeland Security (DHS) officers emerged from the building multiple times to conduct targeted arrests and an unlawful assembly was declared at 10:30 pm. The night ended by around midnight after hours of demonstrating outside the facility, multiple arrests, and mace and pepper balls deployed against protesters.
- Direct Action – 8 pm
Protests gather in front of the ICE facility in South Portland.
We are at ICE. Should be renamed PUDDLES as it is not that cold but it is very very wet. Giant lakes have formed outside the building. If DHS rushes they’ll be set up to their knees. I’ll be soaked to the waist.— Melissa “Claudio” Lewis (@Claudio_Report) November 25, 2020
First FedRAD warning. New guy, got too close to the mic.— Melissa “Claudio” Lewis (@Claudio_Report) November 25, 2020
A small group of protesters have gathered on front of the ICE detention facility in SW Portland. Homeland Security has just given the first warning for crowds to stay off building property. #PortlandProtest #PDXProtest #BlackLivesMatter pic.twitter.com/O7pSLLBzz1— Justin Yau (@PDocumentarians) November 25, 2020
Around 9:25 pm Homeland Security (DHS) officers come out of the facility and arrest two protesters.
*FLASH WARNING*: The footage below contains a flashing light from 00:25-0:30.
First arrests of the night. Medics were shot at, a man with dogs were maced, and a Jewish person protesting was detained. His sign that said “never again” with a Star of David was taken and then kicked inside. pic.twitter.com/LbZvbgZVkJ— Melissa “Claudio” Lewis (@Claudio_Report) November 25, 2020
Federal Protective Services agents expanded their perimeter & pushed protesters to the intersection across the street from the ICE detention facility. They withdrew back into the building shortly after. #PortlandProtest #PDXProtest #BlackLivesMatter pic.twitter.com/wlTNkfRr4Z— Justin Yau (@PDocumentarians) November 25, 2020
DHS agents have come out briefly again to secure the driveway for 2 vehicles to enter. They have since withdrawn within the building. #PortlandProtest #PDXProtest #BlackLivesMatter pic.twitter.com/QXf5ulevOs— Justin Yau (@PDocumentarians) November 25, 2020
DHS agents have rushed out of the ICE detention facility building again for a targeted arrest. They abandoned the chase as protesters scattered. #PortlandProtest #PDXProtest #BlackLivesMatter pic.twitter.com/mtt7kMXWvW— Justin Yau (@PDocumentarians) November 25, 2020
He looks hurt and goes back inside.— Melissa “Claudio” Lewis (@Claudio_Report) November 25, 2020
At 10:30 pm DHS declares the gathering an unlawful assembly.
2230 – Unlawful assembly declared by DHS.— Clementson Supriyadi (@cdsupriyadi) November 25, 2020
DHS officers exit the ICE building once again to let a car out of the parking lot.
A dog poop trash can has been liberated, it’s contents have been redistributed in the driveway. DHS must now run around shit baggies and puddles. An exiting car ran over the bags til they popped. pic.twitter.com/6NAcmHsAo8— Melissa “Claudio” Lewis (@Claudio_Report) November 25, 2020
- Clementson Supriyadi @cdsupriyadi
- Justin Yau @PDocumentarians – CashApp: $portlandindepend / PayPal: https://paypal.me/portlandindepend
- Melissa “Claudio” Lewis – Cashapp: $ClaudioReport / Venmo: Claudio_Report
- Peter @gravemorgan
NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- Biden bringing forward his intended national security team
- San Francisco DA’s office launches 1st homicide prosecution of a police officer
- Joe Biden certified as winner of Pennsylvania presidential vote
- Portland mayor says homeless camp sweeps are a ‘humane response,’ key to his strategy
- Portland progressives plot recall effort against Mayor Ted Wheeler, Commissioner Dan Ryan
- Activists Announce Recall Campaign for Mayor Wheeler and Commissioner Ryan
- Good Afternoon, News: Oregon’s New Death Record, Recalling Wheeler & Ryan, and Trump’s Embarrassment Parade
- Seattle City Council Just Cut Police Budget by 20 Percent
- Department of Homeland Security – Federal Protective Service
- pepper balls
No information as of midnight.
No information as of midnight.