Protests are currently on hold due to the wildfires and severe smoke conditions. Many of the mutual aid groups that have been involved in protests are providing aid to people affected by the fires. Here’s some details if you’d like to support them:
- Team Raccoon: respirators (including for children)
- EWOKS: supply and resource station at Lloyd Center
- PDX Action Medics: masks
- The Witches: delivering supplies to affected areas
- PDX Street Mechanics: car repair
Here’s a compendium of links to information state-wide.
The large fire closest to Portland is Riverside. Evacuations due to this fire are managed by Clackamas County and here’s their wildfire info page. Many of us are keeping tabs open for the fire extent and current air conditions. At this time, no further evacuations are happening in the Portland area (and we hope it stays that way!).
- Oregon voters say Portland protests now do more harm than good, new poll says
- Tear gas residue is not significantly impacting Willamette River, Portland report concludes
- Portland mayor says he will hand off some city bureaus to focus on ‘extreme challenges’ facing city
- Law enforcement: Untrue antifa rumors waste precious resources for Oregon fires
- Patriot Prayer leader Joey Gibson sues Multnomah County DA Mike Schmidt in federal court
- Residents set up checkpoints in Corbett hours after fireworks reportedly ignite brief fire, deputies say