The location of tonight’s demonstration was not announced on social media beforehand. Regardless, a small group of around 20-30 protesters gathered at the Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility. Despite small numbers, federal officers exited the building to allow a car to leave the facility parking lot twice, and then a third time to arrest a protester. By about 12:30 am numbers in the group of protesters dwindled and the night ended without any further incident.
- Direct Action March (Previously Undisclosed Location) – 10 pm
Protesters gather at the ICE facility in Southwest Portland.
I’m at the ICE facility with 20ish protesters, over 20 cars have pulled onto the gated back lot in the past ten minutes. We need numbers – come down! #Portlandprotests— Peter (@gravemorgan) October 14, 2020
Despite small numbers, officers establish a presence at the demonstration.
It changed. Apparently DHS felt the need to come out and wave their guns around so a Toyota Tacoma could exit the building pic.twitter.com/FMosmhlFfG— Laura Jedeed (Misanthrophile) (@1misanthrophile) October 14, 2020
Surely the most dramatic footage of a goddamn Toyota truck ever taken pic.twitter.com/Abtzs0iCv9— Laura Jedeed (Misanthrophile) (@1misanthrophile) October 14, 2020
After officers re-enter the building, a medic performs their Obama impression routine.
For some reason the Federal Protective Service has decided to tell us that the building is closed and we have to leave— Laura Jedeed (Misanthrophile) (@1misanthrophile) October 14, 2020
I cannot stress enough how there are only 20 people here and they're literally just standing around making jokes about cops
A grip of cops gather behind the ICE gates in Portland. Worth noting they all have gas masks on. One might assume they are getting ready to charge protesters on other side of gate #PortlandProtests pic.twitter.com/Eh5mtxI6tM— Peter (@gravemorgan) October 14, 2020
Things were mellow for a while and now the doors are open— Laura Jedeed (Misanthrophile) (@1misanthrophile) October 14, 2020
They have gas masks on pic.twitter.com/Jjh4gaFjKA
There are exactly 20 people out here I just counted. 7 of them are press— Laura Jedeed (Misanthrophile) (@1misanthrophile) October 14, 2020
They're just standing there with the doors open it's very goddamn weird pic.twitter.com/enldjGQRRp— Laura Jedeed (Misanthrophile) (@1misanthrophile) October 14, 2020
People were leaving. If the feds hadn't opened the gates, this would probably be over by now— Laura Jedeed (Misanthrophile) (@1misanthrophile) October 14, 2020
Protesters receive a sudden donation:
Seemingly nothing is happening when an anonymous angel comes and drops off three leaf blowers to protesters and then disappears into the night ❤️❤️❤️ #PortlandProtests— Peter (@gravemorgan) October 14, 2020
There are now two leaf blowers blowing leaves at ICE pic.twitter.com/UcataqPyeM— Laura Jedeed (Misanthrophile) (@1misanthrophile) October 14, 2020
25 people out here now— Laura Jedeed (Misanthrophile) (@1misanthrophile) October 14, 2020
"we've got a quarter of a hundred people out here! You afraid of 25 people?"
"I hope your family lives happily ever after. Not you though, you pieces of shit."— Rufus, The 13th Apostle 🏁🐍 (@MacSmiff) October 14, 2020
These chants are getting wordy. pic.twitter.com/aR6XWxKZpt
A car leaves, which means the feds come out again— Laura Jedeed (Misanthrophile) (@1misanthrophile) October 14, 2020
I cannot emphasize enough that all this is for TWENTY-FIVE PEOPLE pic.twitter.com/FDF5MuCUM5
I will, until I die, treasure the memory of two protesters blowing leaves at feds as they retreat back into the buildong pic.twitter.com/fEIZa8Q9ha— Laura Jedeed (Misanthrophile) (@1misanthrophile) October 14, 2020
Officers suddenly rush out just after midnight and arrest one protester.
As I tweeted that last DHS rushed out of the building to arrest the single protester who decides to approach the gate. I miss the tackle, which was excessive as fuck. @Johnnthelefty got it I think pic.twitter.com/ntlBVxKP03— Laura Jedeed (Misanthrophile) (@1misanthrophile) October 14, 2020
By around 12:30 am, numbers have dwindled and the night ends.
Friends I am home— Laura Jedeed (Misanthrophile) (@1misanthrophile) October 14, 2020
Solidarity to the 4 people still out here!
- Laura Jedeed (Misanthrophile) – CashApp/Venmo: misanthrophile / PayPal: email@example.com
- Mac Smiff – CashApp: $MacSmiff
- Peter @gravemorgan
- Department Of Homeland Security Employees Have Been Told To Report Colleagues Suspected Of Leaking Information
- Native Americans Protesting Trump Border Wall Tear Gassed, Arrested by US Agents on Indigenous Peoples’ Day
The New York Times
- A Sudden Spray of Bullets: Reconstructing a U.S. Task Force’s Killing of an Antifa Activist (Video)
- ‘Straight to Gunshots’: How a U.S. Task Force Killed an Antifa Activist
- Mayor Ted Wheeler’s campaign takes city auditor to court and the city attorney is caught in the middle
- New eyewitness accounts: Feds didn’t identify themselves before firing on Portland antifa shooting suspect
- Here are President Trump’s 5 new tweets about Portland
- Officers fired more than 30 rounds at Michael Reinoehl, who was found with gun in pocket, investigation shows
- Police chase protester into Portland hotel, arrest him, because he talked back to them, lawyer says
- Portland wants to ‘prescribe a bike’ to Black Portlanders with chronic diseases
- Security guard who shot and killed man at ‘patriot muster’ acted in self-defense, lawyer says
- State will pay record $2.7 million settlement in Oregon prisoner’s death from flu (Subscriber Exclusive)
- Vandalism-damaged Oregon Historical Society will reopen Wednesday
- Good Afternoon, News: Oregon’s COVID Death Count Tops 600, Supreme Court Stops Census, and the Plot to Kidnap TWO Governors
- Protesters Have Built Another Elk Statue Downtown After the Previous One Was Taken by Patriot Prayer
- Readers Respond to Feds Deputizing Portland Police Officers
- Portland Police Bureau
- Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Marshals
No information as of 10/14, 1 am
No information as of 10/14, 1 am