As the evacuation defense at the Red House enters its 4th day as a blockade (Note: the eviction protest has been ongoing since September) protesters begin the day with an interfaith morning prayer.
Had a nice sunrise prayer at RH this morning led by an array of interfaith clergy.— Nerd At The Press Table ?? (@MacSmiff) December 12, 2020
The continually bustling camp is perpetually repairing and innovating, all while people at all levels of involvement engage in heavy conversations on strategics and philosophy.
- Mac Smiff – CashApp: $MacSmiff
The New York Times
- Barricades, sentries remain at N. Portland red house as city ‘tries diplomacy and de-escalation’
- Dueling protests turn into violent riot in Olympia; 1 person shot, 1 arrested
- Editorial: A new level of protest ugliness
- Insurers balk at covering Portland businesses; brokers say downtown upheaval has made carriers wary (Subscriber Exclusive)